1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Yes. I have a bunk bed with my bed on top and a futon on the bottom. That futon is my reading place, complete with beautiful fairy lights.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark! I actually make some of my bookmarks, but a lot of them I buy, am given, or get from boxed sets.
3. Can you just stop reading on do you have to stop at the end of a chapter/after a certain number of pages?
I can just stop. I read a lot before and after class and after I’ve finished an assignment so I have to be prepared to stop at any point. To quote something my mother once told a teacher “if you pause for a breath, she will pick up a book and start reading.”
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Absolutely. I’ve struggled with dehydration my whole life, so I’ve begun to force myself to drink while reading.
5. Multitasking: music or TV whilst reading?
Nothing, unless you count whatever noise may be coming from my mom’s room in the background.
6. One book at a time or several at once?
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! See the above answer about school.
8. Reading aloud or silently in your head?
Silently. I can’t get over my horror of reading aloud that was caused when teachers made us ‘popcorn read’ or just read aloud.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Neither. I have to read the whole book all the way through without skipping pages.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I try to keep it new, but lately I’ve been getting into the habit of bending back the pages of paperbacks – it makes for such easier reading!
11. Do you write in books?