As I mentioned in my post Crafting On Pins and Needles Reboot I’ve figured out a lot more about WordPress and so decided to start over with a new theme. I’m not sure yet what I think of this one. The old one was Dyad and this one is Canard (and in case you were wondering Crafting on Pins and Needles was also using Dyad, but it switched to Rowling). Eventually I picked this theme because I liked the featured tag options (so I can put all of my book reviews at the top) and the automatic read mores.
So please let me know what you think of the theme and the new menu set-up. I hope it is as user friendly as possible, and if its not I can and will change it.
And you can now follow The Writing Crafter on Bloglovin!
I looked at a lot, and I’ll list my reasons for not using each:
- Gateway: It was okay, but not 100% what I’m looking for.
- Revelar: If the featured images aren’t all the same size, they don’t look good.
- Baskerville: It needed read mores and I’m not sure that I’m adventurous enough for three columns of posts
- Themes that felt cramped
- Themes I would have liked more if they had used read mores
- Themes that I ALMOST used (aka the best of the best)
My corsage from prom last year